Overte is an open source virtual world and social VR software for both VR and non-VR users.
- Collaborative world creation and editing.
- Steam VR support, including full-body tracking.
- Excellent scalability, allowing events with as many as 500 users in a single virtual world.
- Support for Windows and Linux, with MacOS support coming soon.
Windows installer is not signed yet, so Windows Defender might display a warning about this.
- First click on "More info"
- Then click on "Run anyway" to continue
Mac OS build coming soon.
Source code repository
We are an open source project. You are very welcome to contribute to the project. See below for contact information or go directly to the repository.
We have a weekly developer meeting. All merge request will be discussed there.
Where: Overte VR - Overte Hub
When: Saturdays 19:00 UTC
Overte is following the open source philisophy through and through. That's why we recommend Matrix. To join our Matrix space please use following link:
Matrix uses many client applications, with Element being the most popular one.
Our Matrix space is also bridged to Discord.